It is with pride that the, 81,000 sq. ft. prominent, three storey structure in the heart of Scarborough bears the name of Tobago’s financial stalwart, son of the soil and the first local Central Bank Governor, Mr. Victor Edward Bruce.
The Victor E. Bruce Financial Complex is a state of the art facility located at Post Office Street, housing the division of the Assembly responsible for driving the island’s fiscal and economic development. Commissioned on the 18th June 2012, the four storey complex is the financial hub of the Tobago House of Assembly, housing all the departments of the Division of Finance and Enterprise Development including the Business Development Unit, the Economic Management and Research Unit, the Financial Literacy Secretariat and Final Accounts Revenue and Reconciliation Unit, among others, as well as the Office of the Secretary of Finance and Enterprise Development, Administrator and the Director of Finance.
The Victor E. Bruce Financial Complex was designed with environmental sustainability in mind and in keeping with the clean, green, safe and serene approach to development adopted by the Assembly. It has full LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Certification, which guarantees that the design, construction operations and maintenance are cost effective, resource efficient and environmentally friendly. The building features a penthouse with open terrace, gymnasium, cafeteria, kitchen, library, training room and several conference rooms. Before the building was constructed, the Scarborough Post Office and Bus Terminal was at the present location.
Members of the public can request bookings for use of the Penthouse or training room by submitting a written requests to the Administrator of the Division. The correspondence should include the name of the organisation, contact information, proposed time, type and purpose of the event and the number of attendees. The request can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 639 4412-ext 4320.
Please see below for an extensive listing of all departments in the Division of Finance and Enterprise Development.
- Final Accounts and Revenue Reconciliation
- Board of Inland Revenue District Revenue Services
- Board of Inland Revenue Tobago Regional Office
- Consumer Affairs Unit
- Emergency Medical & Social Assistance Unit
- Venture Capital Equity Fund Limited (VCEFL)
- Tobago Cassava Products Limited (TCPL)
- Facilities Management
- Human Resources Department
- Fish Processing Company of Tobago (FIPCOT)
- Data Processing/Payroll
- Accounts Department
- Salary/Increments/Gratuity Section
- Youth Energised for Success Programme (YES)
- Information Technology Unit
- Economic Management & Research Unit
- Financial Literacy Secretariat (FLS)
- Cooperative Development Unit
- Business Development Unit (BDU)